Sunday 2 March 2014

Busy Times

I thought it was about time I took finger tip to keyboard and wrote a blog piece.

I've struggled of late to get blog pieces done as frequently as I would have liked.  I can't believe that I have only just wrote about day 8 of our last vacation..which was last August! I fully expected to have had all my vacation pieces done and dusted well before Christmas but time just seems to have eluded me.

Now it's not that I haven't wanted to do more posts it has simply been about getting the time to write them.  The run-up to Christmas as you would expect in any house was a busy time, what with the pressures at work to produce Christmas concerts and parties and then all the family stuff too, but it was also a time when my new venture began...The Disney Dream Girls.

Since The Disney Dream Girls began we have been having an absolute blast.  My co-host Michelle is the driving force behind the show and she does a fantastic job editing and publishing.  I help out by keeping The Disney Dream Girls website up-to-date and using Simon to make sure all of our artwork is looking groovy.  We try to cover a wide variety of Disney topics, although we do seem to like our food related segments...we have even started what we like to call 'Bacongate' as we debated the pros and cons of US bacon versus UK bacon - who knew it would be such a hot topic!  We have had guests on the show ranging from the amazing Jim Korkis to fellow podcasters Thomas Allison of The DisGeek podcast and Kathy Kelly of Special Mouse Podcast as well as blogger Lisa Green from Living a Disney Life. We have chatted attractions and value resorts at WDW as well as discussing Michelle's upcoming trip to Disneyland.  And just this week we have appeared as guests ourselves on another podcast, the Creepy Kingdom.

Michelle and I love recording together and have had so many lovely positive things said about the show.  And although I know I won't be able to get to WDW this year it helps to keep the Disney magic alive and makes that next trip (whenever that may be) all that more exciting, special and something to really look forward to.

So apologies for the infrequency of posts on here...if this were a school report I think it would say 'must try harder'...but I promise to keep checking in as often as I can and don't forget to subscribe to The Disney Dream Girls on iTunes and hear what I have to say about all things Disney :)

No comments:

Post a Comment