Sunday 1 December 2013

'Tis the Season...

So here we are...the 1st December and the Christmas season has begun.  So let me start for apologising for not writing a new blog post sooner but things have been a little busy of late.

Working in a pre-school at this time of year means lots of things to do from sorting out Christmas presents for all of the children (69 at the last count!) to organising our Christmas Fair fundraiser to preparing for our Christmas concert! Rehearsals have begun already, and we've been singing Christmas songs for the past week!

I have also been working with a good friend of mine, Michelle who was co-host of The Minnie Minxes Disney podcast.  Unfortunately The Minnie Minxes are no more but from the ashes of one podcast rises another - the Disney Dream Girls podcast hosted by Michelle and yours truly!  Simon is busy creating us some artwork and you can already find us on i-tunes.  So if you would like to hear a couple of British ladies talking passionately about their Disney passion give us a listen and join in the fun. Or you can follow us on Twitter @DisDreamGirls, or myself @JaynePhipps for all the latest thoughts and news.

And as today is the beginning of December I have been rather busy getting the house and garden ready for the festivities.  With the help of Simon we have decked the fences and the pathways with lights and my favourite Santa, Snowman and Penguin have taken up their usual position.
Outside lights not captured very well on camera but the sky is beautiful!

This will greet me every night I come home from work :)

My favourite 'illuminations'!

















































Inside I have dotted around the house numerous Christmas ornaments and two of my three trees are now up and decorated.  I have one tree that is decorated in Gisella Graham ornaments...
Love these quirky decorations
...and then a black tree that is covered in all things silver and white.  
My sophisticated tree, with an appropriate movie poster behind it!
A little Disney has already worked its way in... 
Some of my Department 56 models

Two new Jingle Smells vinylmations

And a little Winnie the Pooh!


































...but it won't be until later in the month when we put up a real tree that the full Disney affect is felt!!

I am hoping to get a few more blog posts out throughout December and let you know how my run up to Christmas is going...I might even manage to get some more posts completed about our latest vacation...:)  See you soon x

No comments:

Post a Comment