Sunday 6 January 2013

More running and stuff!

So here we are at the end of the first week of 2013 and this means I am almost at the end of my Christmas holidays...I start back at work on the 8th January...and I start back with a short 3 day week, how about that for breaking myself in gently :)

So although this past week, post Christmas, has been a quiet one, it is one in which has seen me get up off that sofa and out into the fresh air for two runs - second run was today, a bit grey and foggy but I got out and ran for longer than I had done on my run a few days earlier.  And although I know that running during the week is going to be tricky (work and dark nights get in the way!) I am determined to make the most of the weekends.

I have spent this week reading one of my Christmas presents, Realityland by David Koenig, and so far a couple of chapters in and it is turning into a fascinating read - all about how WDW came about, the construction and its history.  Once I have read all of it I shall give a little book review.

Simon has spent the week capturing some of our old home movies off VHS and old Video 8 tapes and transferring them into digital format (or something like that!).  So we have been reliving WDW holidays from 1991, 1992, 1993 and 1996 and I can now watch them whenever I feel like with ease (or so I've been told!).  It does mean there have been plenty of moments this week where I've been asked 'when was this?' or 'what was that called?'.  Thankfully old photo albums have helped with dates and old guide books, park maps and time schedules have helped with naming rides or shows.  We found some brilliant footage of a cowboy stunt show held in Frontierland some of which took place on the rooftops but I can find no details about what it was called - I would love to know if anyone out there can help?  The video was taken July/August 1992!

So this coming week brings a degree of normality after the relaxation of the holidays...a few days of work followed by a night away in London...so not a bad first week to look forward to!

No comments:

Post a Comment