Monday 24 December 2012

Countdown to Christmas - Day 24

24th December

Today is an important day in my household, yes it's the Eve of Christmas but it is also our eldest's birthday.  Our son was born 15 years ago this very eve...and here's what happened.

So off we went for a scheduled ante-natal appointment, I was feeling pretty rubbish but put that down to having had no breakfast as I was due a fasting blood test at 8.30am as my glucose levels were being monitored.  Blood test over and done with I went for my ante-natal exam...high blood pressure and protein in my water led to concern about pre-eclampsia and I wasn't going anywhere.

As nurses looked after me with tinsel in their hair and carol singers passed by the delivery ward singing 'Away in a Manger' our son was born that evening; it was probably one of the most surreal experience of my life.  But it also meant five days in hospital over Christmas...I couldn't wait to get home and start getting to know my baby.

But even at this early age the Disney influences were everywhere!!

I gave birth in a Mickey nightshirt (honest)..oh and full make-up, nail varnish and Christmas themed earrings!


Our son's first Christmas present was a small Winnie the Pooh plush...


...and look at his bedroom!


Well his bedroom is a little different now and the only real Disney influence these days is his collection of Vinylmations!!

But Christmas Eve still means last minute preparations for the big day. First there was gingerbread...

Of Mice and Men!!!
...and then the Christmas cake was iced and suitably decorated!!

Mouseketeer snowmen and Hidden Mickey snowballs
Merry Christmas!!

No comments:

Post a Comment