Sunday 7 October 2012

Running along....

So how's the running going then?

Well, I'm still not getting out for a run as often as I would like but I am trying to make the effort when life allows.

So this last week has involved another trip to the theatre, shopping, children at karate and the lovely wet British weather so once again my attempts to get out and run have been thwarted.

So we get to a busy Saturday and I say to Simon 'I really need to get out for a run, we're too busy today so how about we go running tomorrow first thing'.  Now I'm not really a morning person but this morning we were up and out the door before breakfast!

So I had my first experience of a morning run on a beautiful autumnal morning in the countryside, watching the mist get burned off by the warming sun.  It was not the easiest run I've ever had but I did it and managed 25 minutes.  

I definitely earnt my coffee and brioche breakfast :)

1 comment:

  1. That sounds like a lovely way to start a Sunday :) Give me a couple of weeks and I'll be back out running whenever I get the chance...which during a UK winter without a treadmill will be on a dry Saturday or Sunday (i.e. not very often!!)

    ReplyDelete