Friday 24 August 2012

C25K Week 5 Done!

Well I've now completed week 5 and am actually feeling really quite proud of myself.  Week 4 increased the tempo to a combination of 3 minute runs, 90 second walks, 5 minute runs and 2 and a half minute walks, which all sounded very daunting at first but by the end of the week I was pleasantly surprised at how well I'd coped.

Then I took a sneaky peep at the podcasts for week 5 and got an inkling that things were about to change as there were three different runs for week 5 to complete.  But I resisted looking at the details and it wasn't till the morning of my first week 5 run that I took a look at run one.....a mix of 3 minute walks and 5 minute runs - oh boy!  Then the second run......two lots of 8 minute runs.....and then the third run.....one run, non-stop, of 20 minutes - you've got to be kidding!

I have to admit on Monday morning the thought of running for 20 minutes filled me with more than a little apprehension but here we are on Friday evening and I did it, yes me, the one who doesn't really do exercise, only went and ran for 20 minutes for the first time in my life ever!  And I'm not ashamed to say it I feel really proud of myself and would say to anyone out there who's thinking about 'doing something' to give C25K a go.  I feel fitter, I think my posture has improved but most of all I feel good about me - best tonic out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment